Saturday, July 25, 2009

My blog posts are nothing but a bunch of bitching

As many of posts begin, so does this one. It has been a long time since I've written. I've been super busy so far this summer with two jobs, so that is my excuse.

A dear friend of mine, SW, pointed out to me the last time I saw her that my blogging amounts to ranting. And she's right. The main things that inspire me to write/blog are things that piss me off. And living in conservative Ohio gives me plenty of inspiration. For me, this blog serves as a healthy outlet for me to express deep seated rage and emotion that I feel toward the system in which we live.

But I am trying to imagine what my audience (whoever and however few people that may encompass) must think. Perhaps it's not that interesting or maybe depressing to read someone bitch and complain constantly. Perhaps I should broaden my style to include topics that can be profound but not so anger-ridden.

Conclusion: I'll work on it.

1 comment:

SW said...

Oh I feel bad...I didn't mean to diss on your blog. You gotta get your disappointment with society out somehow! At least you have well-written rants. I hate blogs that are like "Oh my gawd. I just HATE Kanye West. He was like sooo mean to Taylor Swift, who is like sooo adorable. Suck it Kanye...no one likes you!" Keep ranting T.